[F8] setroubleshoot running at 85-95% of CPU

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 22:20:15 UTC 2007

P.S. There may be some confusion unless you understand setroubleshoot is
comprised of two processes

setroubleshootd is a daemon process run with an init script.

sealert is a user process run in your desktop session.

There should be one copy of each process running, verify this with "ps
ax | grep se"

There is no process named setroubleshoot.

When you report setroubleshoot is running at 85-95% of CPU I need to
know which of the two processes you're referring to.

Running tail on /var/log/setroubleshoot/setroubleshootd is not
sufficient. I need to see the entire contents of this file. But please
don't post it to the list, you can just send it to me directly.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>