SpamAssassin Log explosion issue following update

Ted Rule ejtr at layer3.co.uk
Fri Feb 23 13:41:59 UTC 2007

Ah.

So does that mean my current method for getting sysadm_t status is
flawed?

At the moment I login as staff_u, newrole into sysadm_r, and thence "su
-" to sysadm_t.

This leaves me in "staff_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_t", whereupon run_init seems
to be perfectly capable of running init scripts whilst in enforcing
mode.

Perhaps the root of my problem is that I ran "yum update" whilst in
permissive starting from "staff_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_t", but the policy
failed to transition to system_u when some of the rpm postinstall
scripts ran /etc/init.d/xxxxx?

--
Ted Rule

Director, Layer3 Systems Ltd