"Could not change policy booleans"

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 15:58:02 UTC 2007

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> Stephen Smalley wrote:

>>> I sent Dan the patch separately as well, in case he wants to just apply
>>> it without updating otherwise.
>>>
>> Fixed in policycoreutils
>> <https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/policycoreutils>-2.0.16-6.fc7
>
> Thanks.
>
> On an unrelated issue, where does the version number in the
> selinux-policy package come from? Upstream seems to do date-based
> releases rather than version number-based. I ask because I need to
> update my policy module for mod_fcgid and I'll need different versions
> for F7 (using patterns) and older releases (using create_file_perms
> etc.).
>
> Paul.
It comes from me.

selinux-policy-2.3.4

Everytime I release My own modifications I increment the last digit,
everytime I merge with upstream I update the middle number, and reset
the last digit to 1.  Everytime there is a major change to policy
example-reference I increment the first. digit.  If you do a

rpm -qi selinux-policy
It will show you the revision this policy is based off of.

BTW,  I am working on merging strict and targeted policy in Rawhide
which will increment the major number.  selinux-policy-3.0.1 will be
released soon.