new (updated) FC7 system getting auditing errors

Phil Edwards phil.m.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 22:41:25 UTC 2007

Hi.  I've just installed FC7, updated its packages, but made few other
changes so far; no changes at all to selinux (I wouldn't know how, and
there is no full-time sysadmin).

The messages log is filling up with stuff like this:

dbus: Can't send to audit system: USER_AVC avc:  received policyload
notice (seqno=2) : exe="/bin/dbus-daemon" (sauid=539, hostname=?,
addr=?, terminal=?)
nscd: Can't send to audit system: USER_AVC avc:  received policyload
notice (seqno=2) : exe="?" (sauid=28, hostname=?, addr=?, terminal=?)

dbus and nscd are the nosiest culprits.

Googling for what look like the key phrases gets me tons of hits from
2005, but nothing recent and nothing pertaining to FC7 (but having
never used an FC release before, I could be wrong).

Could somebody please tell me how to turn this noise off?