Spamassassin + Procmail + Lockfile + SELinux = broken

mothra mothra at parsnip.evansville.edu
Wed Jun 27 15:31:52 UTC 2007

Thanks Paul and Daniel:

My procmail invocation is:

       :0fw
       * < 256000
       | /usr/bin/spamassassin

And I see that I'm missing the lock (:) on this one, so I think my
comment about procmail writing a lockfile was in error.  I looked into
spamc as an alternative - seems to work without a problem.  Thanks for the
tip Paul.

The OS is Fedora Core 5, which I've been (somewhat blindly) updating with
yum (no extra configuration on yum - just running it out of the box).  Yum
never complained, so I did not suspect that the system was partially
upgraded.  To be explicit, I've not yet tried to upgrade to FC6 or FC7.
For the record, current status is

           [root at parsnip ~]# rpm -qa | grep policy
           selinux-policy-2.3.7-2.fc5
           selinux-policy-targeted-2.3.7-2.fc5
           policycoreutils-1.30.10-2.fc5

I guess the urgency on this is pretty low now that I've got the filter up
and running (via spamc). But I'm still curious as to what I would have to
have done if spamc didn't exist. I'm concerned about how many more SELinux
bullets I can dodge...  :)