mount point labels

Forrest Taylor ftaylor at redhat.com
Tue May 1 20:34:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 12:42 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> > By the way, can mount point labels be applied to automounted file
> > systems? If so, how would I do that? Would I put the label into the
> > automount file (auto.*) in the /etc directory?
>
> You can specify mount options in your automounter maps (like
> auto.master), so you should be able to specify a context= option there
> too.  I haven't specifically tried it though.

I cannot get this to work in RHEL5.  It complains if I have it in
auto.master (syntax error), so I tried to place an entry in auto.misc
(for /misc).  It will mount, but not with the context that I specified.
The logs mention that it is using genfs_contexts.

Looking at the mounts, I see that the options for the autofs mount point
include:  context=""

So, the options are not getting passed to the mount command, or are
being overridden by automount.  Any other ideas?

Forrest