kernel_t and rawip

Ken mantaray_1 at cox.net
Wed May 23 22:11:41 UTC 2007

I became interested in SELinux primarily to increase the level of
security I have when I am connected to the Internet, and until recently
I have not allowed kernel_t to send or receive rawip over the Internet.
  I have recently allowed this because I was having difficulty making an
online payment without this enabled.  Since enabling this, I have
wondered what the security implications of allowing kernel_t to send and
receive rawip on the Internet are; and I was hoping someone could direct
me to a good source for technical information about the security
implications of allowing various permissions.