defining syslogd_var_lib_t conditionally ?

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Fri May 25 21:22:40 UTC 2007

syslog-ng has a /var/lib/syslog-ng, but there's no syslogd_var_lib_t
in the RHEL5 policy. So I create the below module. But, what happens
if RHEL comes out with an updated policy that includes syslogd_var_lib_t?
Should I maybe wrap the definition in a check for if it already exist ?

module syslog_ng 1.0.3;

# The followin two lines are what I'm asking about:
type syslogd_var_lib_t;
files_type(syslogd_var_lib_t)

require {
        class sock_file { getattr unlink };
        class tcp_socket { create bind setopt name_bind node_bind listen };
        class dir { search write add_name };
        class file { create write getattr read };
        type device_t;
        type syslogd_t;
        type rsh_port_t;
        type inaddr_any_node_t;
        type var_lib_t;
        type syslogd_var_lib_t;
};

allow syslogd_t device_t:sock_file { getattr unlink };
allow syslogd_t rsh_port_t:tcp_socket name_bind;
allow syslogd_t inaddr_any_node_t:tcp_socket node_bind;
allow syslogd_t self:tcp_socket { create listen  bind setopt };
allow syslogd_t syslogd_var_lib_t:dir { search write add_name };
allow syslogd_t syslogd_var_lib_t:file { create write getattr read };
allow syslogd_t var_lib_t:dir search;