restorecond not expanding ~

Forrest Taylor ftaylor at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 20:50:10 UTC 2007

I am using RHEL5.1 selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-104.el5.  restorecond
is not properly expanding the ~ or other wildcards
in /etc/selinux/restorecond.conf.  By default, restorecond.conf
includes:
~/public_html

However, if I create that directory as a normal user, it gets the
standard context (user_home_t).  If I explicitly put the full path
(e.g., /home/student/public_html), it works as expected.

Does (or will) restorecond support wildcards/regex?

Thanks,

Forrest