dhclient-script avc error f7

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 2 18:07:09 UTC 2007

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 09:05:13 -0400 Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Tim Fenn wrote:
> > I recently upgraded a machine from FC6 to F7, and I used to use a
> > /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks script to call some iptables functions
> > after bringing up my external interface.  This used to work on FC6
> > as long as I setsebool -P dhcpc_disable_trans 1, but the policy in
> > F7 no longer contains such a boolean, so dhclient-script is
> > prevented from getattr/executing iptables.  Is there a simple fix
> > to this, or do I need to write a policy and compile it?  If the
> > latter, any pointers on what the policy file should contain?
> >

> You have inspired me to blog.
>
> http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/13116.html

Great horney toads, what have I done?  ;)

Thanks for the feedback Dan, its always appreciated (and thanks for
pointing out the error in my previous ways).

I recently dove into policy writing, but will rewrite my policy based
on the domain transfer suggestion and report back once I have something
working.

Regards,
-Tim