Fedora buildsys and SELinux

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Apr 17 02:24:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 10:43 +1000, James Morris wrote:

> > > Can you please explain specifically what the problem is?
> >
> > You cannot create files in a chroot of a context not known by the
> > host policy. This means that if your host is running RHEL 5, you are
> > unable to compose any trees/images/livecds with SELinux enabled for
> > later releases.
>
> Ok, that's what I suspected.
>
> One of the possible plans for this is to allow a process to run in a
> separate policy namespace, and probably also utilize namespace support in
> general.
>
> This is non-trivial and needs more analysis.

Thanks.  When we get to the point of needing to justify resource
allocation on the Red Hat side, I'm here to present the "Fedora
leadership request", if needed.  Otherwise, not sure if this is going to
be important enough to the intersecting sets of Fedoran and SELinux
hacker who are not part of the @redhat.com set.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41