Postfix, /root/.forward, SELinux, F9, Strange AVC

Nifty Fedora Mitch niftyfedora at niftyegg.com
Sun Aug 24 06:55:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 01:13:11PM +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:

> Well, I have scoured the docs and cant find anything that looks like the
> problem I am having here.
>
> I have a .forward file in /root .. Mail to root should divert to my user
> account, but SELinux stops Postfix from doing so. If I set SELinux to
> permissive, then it works, but of course logs the same AVC.
> SETroubleshooter says to restorecon -R './root' ... ./root is a relative
> path ... so what does this mean? It doesnt work.

Since this is root just fix the aliase for root.
Look for the two lines in /etc/aliases that looks like
these then add a third that looks like the third.

	# Person who should get root's mail
	#root:		marc
	root:		brianchad at westnet.com.au

The .forward thing has been a thorn to a lot of systems
so expect to have to read the documentation and more....

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Got a great hat... now what.