iptables denied by selinux

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 01:06:17 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I have still yet to make the dhcpd server work because of selinux.  I have been patient, but I am getting frustrated :(

[olivares at localhost ~]$ dmesg | grep avc
type=1400 audit(1228956840.530:4): avc:  denied  { write } for  pid=1499 comm="ip6tables-resto" path="/0" dev=devpts ino=2 scontext=system_u:system_r:iptables_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:object_r:devpts_t:s0 tclass=chr_file
[olivares at localhost ~]$

I have already ran touch /.autorelabel; reboot
and all of the other denials have been cleared but this one.  I am not yet taking selinux off or getting that desparate, because when I booted in enforcing=0 mode for other troubles, the dhcpd server still did not work, but the iptables message was still there :(

Please advice me, I do not want to throw the towel yet!

Regards,

Antonio