using selinux to allow only certain hosts or networks

Clarkson, Mike R (US SSA) mike.clarkson at baesystems.com
Thu Dec 11 17:57:55 UTC 2008

I've never done it but I think you can accomplish what you want by
setting up netfilter rules using iptables to label the incoming packets
from the specific hosts/networks that you wish to allow. Since ip
addresses can be spoofed, it won't be very secure unless you use ipsec.

Josh Brindle wrote a good article on secure networking with SELinux:
http://securityblog.org/brindle/2007/05/28/secure-networking-with-selinu
x/