Are there any plans for generic contexts?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 04:35:33 UTC 2008

Are there any plans for generic contexts? If not consider this a suggestion.

It would be useful if there were more generic contexts, for example
'shared_content_t'. Which all targeted daemons that share files (such
as httpd, smbd, vsftpd) would all have access to these files. I am
aware that I can probably write my own policy to allow this, but it
seems like a fairly common use case.

Just tonight I wanted to make some web code I was working on available
via a samba share so I could work a bit more fluidly form my laptop.
But the files are already labeled for sharing under httpd.

On another machine, I give access to samba to one dir, and would also
like to have access form httpd. For certain situations, even vsftpd.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )