Selinux config to get linuxprinter working under Fedora 8

Edward Kuns ekuns at kilroy.chi.il.us
Tue Feb 19 02:09:00 UTC 2008

I added the following configuration (via system-config-selinux)
to /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.local and this
appears sufficient to get printing working for my Samsung CLP-500
printer using the drivers provided by the manufacturer.  These drivers
install partially under /opt/Samsung/mfp/ and partially
under /usr/local/linuxprinter/ (including -- under the bin directory
listed below -- a file "lpr" and a file "llpr").

I notice that settings already exist for Brother printers, so how do I
get these settings added to file_contexts officially for those printers
that use the linuxprinter framework?

/usr/local/linuxprinter/ppd/.* -- system_u:object_r:cupsd_rw_etc_t:s0
/usr/local/linuxprinter/bin/l?lpr -- system_u:object_r:lpr_exec_t:s0
/usr/local/linuxprinter/filters(/.*)? -- system_u:object_r:bin_t:s0

         Thanks

            Eddie

--
Edward Kuns <ekuns at kilroy.chi.il.us>