Problem with apache accessing files outside of /var/www/html directory

David Bartmess dbartmess at denver.oilfield.slb.com
Tue Feb 19 16:36:39 UTC 2008

I'm trying to get apache to serve up via a CGI script the formatted contents
of a directory outside of the DocumentRoot directory structure, and SELinux
is giving me a "Permissions Denied" error.

How can I modify the SELinux context on the files being shown to fix this?

The current files/dirs have the following context:

drwxr-xr-x  apache   apache   system_u:object_r:default_t      v1x3x3_R3-6

drwxr-xr-x  apache   apache   system_u:object_r:default_t      v1x3x4-R1-0

drwxr-xr-x  apache   apache   system_u:object_r:default_t      v1x3x4-R2-0

-rwxr-xr-x  apache   apache   system_u:object_r:default_t
ASUCTests_v1-2-3_b1x3x4.R2_JUnitReport.zip

-rwxr-xr-x  apache   apache   system_u:object_r:default_t
Emma_Acquisition_Configuration_v2-3-0.zip

I'm a newbie at this SELinux stuff, so please speak clearly <grin>

David Bartmess. Configuration Manager

Cell:   +1 (303) 883-9117

Office:+1 (303) 256-5123