mailman doesn't receive messages from sendmail on fresh F8 install

Edward Kuns ekuns at kilroy.chi.il.us
Tue Feb 19 16:53:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 09:55 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> THese look liked leaked file descriptors from mailman, but not sure they
> are preventing sendmail from running.  Could you put the machine into
> permissive mode and verify the mailman is working.

Done and yes it is working fine in permissive mode.

Note:  Sendmail is working perfectly except for an inability to forward
messages to mailman.  The problem is that when messages arrive for a
mailman mailing list, somewhere while being passed from sendmail to
mailman, we get the selinux rejection quoted in my first Email.

My aliases file has:

mailman:   "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"

(this alias having been added by mailman) and when I post a message to
that EMail address, I get the complaints quoted in the earlier EMail.
In permissive mode, it works.

Thus, the complaint that python running with sendmail's ssecurity token
needs to access something with a mailman-related security token.

> Did you change the configuration to use sendmail rather then using the
> default internal mechanism of mailman to send mail.  (I am not a mailman
> expert, so I am relaying questions from some co-workers.)

As you suggest, I have *not* changed mailman to use sendmail.

   Thanks,

     Eddie
--
Edward Kuns <ekuns at kilroy.chi.il.us>