User web pages in the strict policy

Forrest Taylor ftaylor at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 22:15:15 UTC 2008

I am using RHEL5.1 with selinux-policy-strict-2.4.6-106.el5_1.3.

Users in user_r or staff_r cannot see the public_html directory nor it's
content using the strict policy.  The public_html directory gets
httpd_user_content_t or httpd_staff_content_t.  I was expecting to be
able to view my own content, but I cannot.  `ls -Z` shows that I cannot
view the permission or context.  Is this expected behavior?  If so, what
is the logic behind it?

Thanks,

Forrest
     1.