Is SELinux support as a kernel module possible ??

Leo Prasath leo.prasath at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 23:30:12 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

I have a need to install SELinux on a sytem running with a kernel without
SELinux built into it. However, I cannot reinstall a custom kernel with the
SELinux built into it.

So, I am looking at building a kernel module for SELinux and load it. I
tried compiling the kernel with config option CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX=m and
i got this error:

.config:984:warning: symbol value 'm' invalid for SECURITY_SELINUX

Is it possible to load SELinux as a kernel module ? Has anyone tried this ?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
Leo.