Problems with DNS logging {SOLVED]

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue Jun 10 15:52:48 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 08:00:25 am Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I discovered that my logging somewhat failed:
> 1) I tried to use the link provided to submit a buzilla and
>     apparently it brought up bluefish and within asks for my
>     account name and password, and I tried to save this file
>     but in doing so it failed to backup the file, so I clicked "continue"
>     and it froze up.  What am I doing wrong?
> 2) The specific selinux error is as follows:
> [snipped!]

I solved (2) above.  Apparently restorecon incorrectly
set the named directory to the wrong context (named_conf_t)
so I had to manually set it to named_log_t.

As for (1) above, I would still like to know how to get
the bugzilla part working, but it is not a high priority
for me at this time.

Thanks-
Dan