[Fwd: [Fedora8] SElinux bug]

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 19:18:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Stephen Smalley <sds at tycho.nsa.gov> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 11:03 -0400, max wrote:
>> Found on fedora list.

So did fglrx freeze the machine or did SELinux? if the latter is this
sort of behavior configurable in some way? What i mean is can SELinux,
be configured to respond in particular ways in the event of some
unknown or unexpected event? Say I want it to segfault in a situation
like this or kill X and drop to runlevel three, prohibit remote access
entirely or maybe all but one particular node, and send an email alert
to the administrator. I am not suggesting this behavior for the
average desktop but in certain environments a segfault might be
preferable to a potential compromise. Though I am sure false alarms
would cause quite a few grumbles not to mention soiled pants.
--
I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it any further. --Darth Vader