What is the proper context for .strigi?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Mon Jun 16 16:31:02 UTC 2008

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> > I have run into a problem of limted space for .strigi
> > which was located in my home directory, so I decided
> > to move ~/.strigi to another partition with ample space
> > and created a symbolic link from ~/.strigi to the new
> > location on a different partition.
> >
> > Selinux is reporting:
> > SELinux is preventing strigidaemon (unconfined_t) "mmap_zero" to
> > <Unknown> (unconfined_t).
> >
> > So, what is the proper context for .strigi and all of the
> files/directories
> > contained within?
> You'll find that bind mounts work much better than symlinks from an
> SELinux point of view.
Uh, ok - I'll have to look into that again.  I forget how this is done.

> This reminds me to ask though, where is homedir_template as used by
> genhomedircon now? I can't find it in Fedora 9 and anything I've tried
> editing that looks like it might be it gets overwritten when I run
> genhomedircon.

Um, dunno.  I am running F8.

BTW: I am getting hammered with SELinux complaining on the above reported
error.  It looks like a runaway process and hammering both of my CPUs badly.
How do I temporarily shutdown strigidaemon for now until I can get this
issue resolved?

Thanks!
Dan