What to do about "invalid context"

Göran Uddeborg goeran at uddeborg.se
Tue Jun 17 18:36:48 UTC 2008

Stephen Smalley writes:
> role unconfined_r types updpwd_exec_t;

Aha, now I get it!  It's the role-type combination that is not
allowed, and thus "invalid".  Thanks!

A little detail, though.  It's the type updpwd_t, not updpwd_exec_t
that should be allowed, isn't it?  Unless I'm mistaken, it's the file
that has the *_exec_t type, but the resulting process domain is *_t.

I did create my module following your pattern, but using updpwd_t, and
the crontab command works again.  So it seems it was the right thing
to do.  Or have I done something I shouldn't do after all?