selinux interfering with dynamic dns

Edward Kuns ekuns at kilroy.chi.il.us
Sat Mar 1 22:58:29 UTC 2008

I have dhcp + named set up to cooperate, but selinux (understandably)
denies named write access to the files it needs to modify for dynamic
dns updates.  I have created the following policy.  Is there a better
way of doing this?  Best would be if there was a way to allow write
access *only* to those handful of files in /var/named/chroot/var/named
that are truly dynamic, perhaps by labeling.  Would it be possible or
reasonable to add named_dynamic_zone_t or some equivalent?  Is there a
better way to solve this problem or am I missing some already-available
mechanism?

   Thanks

       Eddie

module mybind 1.0;