Please help getting a policy to compile with mta_send_mail()

Edward Kuns ekuns at kilroy.chi.il.us
Thu Mar 6 04:38:42 UTC 2008

I know I must be doing something wrong, but hours and hours of googling
have not turned up any help.  The following is in myclamav.te:

module myclamav 1.0;

require {
	type shell_exec_t;
	type sendmail_exec_t;
	type bin_t;
	type clamd_t;
	class dir search;
	class file { execute getattr };
}

mta_send_mail(clamd_t);

#============= clamd_t ==============
allow clamd_t bin_t:dir search;
allow clamd_t sendmail_exec_t:file { execute getattr };
allow clamd_t shell_exec_t:file getattr;

As root, I run:

checkmodule -m myclamav.te

which if I understand things will compile the TE file into a PP file
which I can load.  However, it complains about a syntax error on the
mta_send_mail line.  I've tried a lot of variations, but I cannot make
this file compile.

Looking for examples, I look in /etc/selinux/targeted/src, but the "src"
directory does not exist.  I believe I have all RPMs installed that I
need:

# rpm -qa 'selinux*' 'setroubleshoot*' 'setools*'
selinux-policy-targeted-3.0.8-87.fc8
setools-console-3.3.1-7.fc8
selinux-policy-devel-3.0.8-87.fc8
selinux-doc-1.26-1.1
selinux-policy-3.0.8-87.fc8
setroubleshoot-server-2.0.5-2.fc8
setroubleshoot-2.0.5-2.fc8
setroubleshoot-plugins-2.0.4-3.fc8
setools-3.3.1-7.fc8
setools-libs-tcl-3.3.1-7.fc8
setools-libs-3.3.1-7.fc8
setools-gui-3.3.1-7.fc8

I know I must be missing something obvious, but I am out of clues.

         Thanks

         Eddie