Bash script problem [OT] - Solved

Arthur Dent selinux.list at troodos.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 8 13:01:30 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 09:22:42AM +0000, Arthur Dent wrote:

> I have no idea why this doesn't work - environment variables perhaps?

Well, I managed to fix this.

What I did was to set up an "at" job for the future (which worked)
and then look at all the environment variables for the at job. Then, one
by one I tried them in my script until it worked from cron.

The line that did it was:

${SHELL:-/bin/sh} << `(dd if=/dev/urandom count=200 bs=12>/dev/null|LC_ALL=C tr -d -c '[:alnum:]')`

I have no idea what it does (if anyone would care to explain it to me I
would be interested) but all I know is it works!

Thanks to all...

Mark