problems using refpolicy

selinux . selinux at dylanwood.com
Wed Mar 19 15:26:21 UTC 2008

I'm on fc8 and have recently installed refpolicy.  However, I can't get KDE
to work.  It says that it was unable to get the network connections list and
that it can't connect to dcopserver.  There are a lot of error messages --
many about hotplug, which I don't think are relevant.  There are some
though, saying that selinux is preventing things from using potentially
mislabeled files in the /tmp directory.  I've done every combination of
installation configurations and relabelings that I can think of.

I don't know exactly what error messages are relevant, so I put dmesg output
and the messages file (only containing one boot-up) on a website --
http://www.hostingsimplicity.net/  I made condensed versions of the dmesg
and messages output, but put the full ones there to.  Also, there is all the
output from running sealert on the items listed in messages.

I hate to ask someone to look at this for me, but if it is a common problem
that I haven't found in the archives, or if you think you can help, please
do...

Sincerely,

dylan