Odd problem with dovecot

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue May 6 18:15:12 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> said:
> Chris Adams wrote:
> > What is odd is that it fails when SELinux is in enforcing mode, but not
> > in permissive, BUT I don't get any errors when it fails (e.g. no
> > "denied" messages in the kernel or audit logs).
> semodule -DB
>
> will turn on all dontaudit rules.

Sorry, I should have been more specific: this is on RHEL 5, which does
not appear to have the -D option.

However, looking at the dontaudit rules with sesearch (I wasn't aware of
either dontaudit rules or the sesearch command before), I found the
problem.  The top-level directory was still default_t, and there's a
"dontaudit dovecot_t default_t : dir { ioctl read gettr lock search };"
rule.

I changed that top-level directory and all is well.  Thanks.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>