Samba shares...

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue May 13 19:55:04 UTC 2008

Stephen Smalley
|Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
|> |You can certainly generate a local policy module that gives
|> |access to fusefs_t, but it would be better if we could get
|> |the context mount option to work.
|>
|> I will try anything you suggest.  Let me know if you can
|> resolve this issue, otherwise let me know (in detail) how
|> to write a policy as a last resort?
|
|To generate local policy for this issue, you'd do something like this:
|
|$ su -
|# ausearch -m AVC | grep fuse | audit2allow -M myfuse
|# semodule -i myfuse.pp
|
|Then the fuse-related denials should be allowed.

Uh, almost.  It still will not allow me to chmod or chgrp
the mounted filesystem which means that I cannot write to
the shared NTFS filesystem without assigning the proper
permissions. I have set samba properties to allow writes
but apparently this problem resides with fuse again. Grr.

What can I do to allow samba shared writes?

Thanks!
Dan