selinux + livecd-creator, May 20, 2008

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Tue May 20 19:54:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 15:43 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 15:43 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> > Can we use fixfiles restore instead of restorecon.  It will output a
> > little "*" for every 10,000 files it relabels and we don't need to see
> > thousands of useless restorecon lines.
>
> Sure -- I can even conditionalize it being restorecon vs fixfiles based
> on whether you've asked for verbose output or not

I think all you need to do is omit the -v from restorecon if they didn't
ask for verbose output (or use -p instead if you want some indication of
progress).  fixfiles is just a wrapper script around setfiles and
restorecon with some additional functionality, but in this case I'm not
sure it adds anything.