setroubleshootd high memory usage

Paul Lauria paul at pixellab.co.uk
Wed May 21 08:42:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have been tracking an issue with regard to setroubleshootd for a month or
so now, and am trying to work out why memory usage is so high.

I have followed this issue that was also discussed:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2007-September/msg00000.h
tml

Top:

 2253 root      15   0  585m 472m 3304 S    0 46.7   3:55.34 setroubleshootd

I use Webmin and this shows the following as 'Running Processes' :

2253 root 600020 kB /usr/bin/python -E /usr/sbin/setroubleshootd

Obviously this is extremely high memory usage for a process (I only have 1
GB of RAM installed!)

WC:

wc /var/lib/setroubleshoot/audit_listener_database.xml

1313352  4320305 66032275
/var/lib/setroubleshoot/audit_listener_database.xml

I have run audit2allow and pretty much cleared up the AVC denials that were
appearing, but I am still receiving one or two from ClamAV

SELAERT:

sealert -a /var/log/audit/audit.log

100% done

found 2 alerts in /var/log/audit/audit.log

First Alert:

    SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/clamdscan (clamscan_t) "write" access to

    /var/webmin/sessiondb.pag (var_t).

Second Alert:

    SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/clamdscan (clamscan_t) "connectto" access

    /tmp/clamd.socket (initrc_t).

Thanks for any assistance,

Regards,

Paul