upcoming selinux ioctl permission changes

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Mon May 12 19:22:39 UTC 2008

I'm planning on pushing a patch to try to simplify ioctl permission
checks in SELinux.  This won't be upstreamed until the 2.6.27 merge
window and we would like to see some more widespread testing first.  So
I plan to push this into the rawhide kernel in the next day or two.  We
certainly don't expect it to cause any problem so I'm really only
mentioning it just in case and to put people on the lookout.  If you
happen to notice strange denials on ioctls please file a bug and cc me
or send me an e-mail!

http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=121033736222066&w=2

-Eric