NFSv4 and SELinux

Dave Quigley dpquigl at tycho.nsa.gov
Tue May 13 18:22:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 19:58 +0200, Hervé WERNER wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've just installed Fedora 9 today in order to test NFSv4 through SELinux.
> I know that sending context across the wire is still in progress, but
> could I find some patch to test? Is there anything I could test to make it
> work?
>
> I also would like to make the context mount option work with NFSv4. The
> mount command doesn't give any error at mounting but when I list the
> context of the NFSv4 mount point I get "system_u:object_r:nfs_t". Is there
> any way to set context for the mounted points?
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,
   Since F9 was released today I haven't had a chance to test our
Labeled-NFS patches with it yet. There were some complications with
getting it working with the 2.6.25 kernel that is shipped with Fedora
and one of my associates on the project with me was working on fixing
that. He is currently away on vacation so I have a few pending requests
for his patches for when he gets back. When he is back in town I'll get
a version of the patches that work with F9 and I'll send it off to you.

I had a blurb about the mount options but it seems that Eric beat me to
it.

Dave