SELinux is preventing nm-system-setti (NetworkManager_t)

hicham hichamlinux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 10:09:01 UTC 2008

Hello
 Everytime, I log on on fedora 8, I get the setroubleshoot browser
popup with this:
./PolicyKit (hald_var_lib_t).
Detailed Description :
SELinux denied access requested by nm-system-setti. It is not expected
that this access is required by nm-system-setti and this access may
signal an intrusion attempt. It is also possible that the specific
version or configuration of the application is causing it to require
additional access.
Allowing Access
Sometimes labeling problems can cause SELinux denials. You could try
to restore the default system file context for ./PolicyKit, restorecon
-v './PolicyKit' If this does not work, there is currently no
automatic way to allow this access. Instead, you can generate a local
policy module to allow this access - see FAQ Or you can disable
SELinux protection altogether. Disabling SELinux protection is not
recommended. Please file a bug report against this package. "

"this access may signal an intrusion attempt", is someone is trying to
get into my computer ?

how do I fix that ?

thanks