indexcon errors on Fedora 9 64-bit

Brian Ginn BGinn at symark.com
Tue Apr 14 00:21:09 UTC 2009

Using lsof, I discovered that indexcon hung at my home directory.

Looking there, I saw a .gvfs directory with rwx------ perms

Even though indexcon was running by root unconfined, I thought this

might be a problem.  I had to kill a few processes to change the

directories permissions.

Then, indexcon got a lot further, but hung at /lib/modules/2.6.25-14.fc9.x86_64

There, I found a couple symlinks that do not exist.  I removed them.

Then, indexcon errors out with:

        ERROR: Could not read SELinux file context for /proc/sys/kernel.

ls -Z /proc/sys/kernel shows all the files have a "?" for the context.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian