Adding AV assertion to selinux policy in RHEL5

Anamitra Dutta Majumdar (anmajumd) anmajumd at cisco.com
Tue Aug 25 22:43:06 UTC 2009

We are looking for a well documented procedure to add AV assertion to
selinux policy on RHEL5.
So far all SELinux URL links refer to the fact that the AV assertion
needs to be added to assert.te file under $SELINUX_SRC folder.
This appears to be true only for RHEL4 not RHEL5 since there is no src
folder under /etc/selinux/targeted that contains the source policies in
RHEL5.
We have installed and built the selinux-policy-2.4.6-248.el5.src.rpm on
our RHEL5.4 box and we did not find any assert.te file.
Can someone help us with the exact method as to what needs to be done to
add an AV assertion rule to our policy.

Thanks
Anamitra & Radha