My home is fully labeled default_t after a kernel crash

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora at normalesup.org
Fri Aug 28 08:20:31 UTC 2009

On Thursday 27 August 2009 13:20:48 Dominick Grift wrote:
> I'd probably reinstall selinux-policy
> mv /etc/selinux/targeted /etc/selinux/targeted.backup
>
> yum remove selinux-policy*
> yum install selinux-policy selinux-policy-targeted
> touch /.autorelabel && reboot

That worked! I had to reboot with selinux=0 before reinstalling selinux-
policy\*, because otherwise the rpm scripts had failures (probably a conflict
with the corrupted selinux policy that was in memory). I have redone all that
with the boot parameter selinux=0, then a reboot without that parameter, and I
no longer have AVC in audit.log (and my user and home directory are label
unconfined_u).

Thanks for the help!

By the way, I have retyped the semanage command that started the incident, and
it ran smoothly this time! :-)

--
Laurent Rineau
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LaurentRineau