allow_exec{mem,stack} default to on?

Klaus Lichtenwalder k.lichtenwalder at computer.org
Sun Dec 27 18:43:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

thanks for all your answers. It's correct, if I wanted to go the secure
road, I should map all users to some (more specific) role than is the
default. Considering the situation I think I can stay with the default
rights, as they are probably layed out fine (for default use, i.e. what
I need :-) ) In the meantime, I found some boinc jobs, that need
allow_execmem. Guess I can live with that, and will come back again when
I start my first policies or refinements of some, I do have some on
target, already, so beware ;-)

Klaus

On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 13:11 -0500, Ryan Gandy wrote:
> Hello Klaus,
>
> Personally I'd suggest turning off exec (mem, heap, stack); mapping
> your user role to staff_u and then disallowing unconfined logins;
> turning on secure_mode and secure_mode_policyload.  setsebool -P
> <name_of_boolean> <value> should take care of that last from single
> user mode.

 Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inform.,  http://lklaus.homelinux.org/Klaus/
 PGP Key fingerprint: A5C0 F73A 2C83 96EE 766B  9C62 DB6D 1258 0E9B B6D1