policy for mgetty fax receive and new_fax

Klaus Lichtenwalder k.lichtenwalder at computer.org
Tue Dec 29 11:27:56 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, den 29.12.2009, 12:16 +0100 schrieb Dominick Grift:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:17:36AM +0100, Klaus Lichtenwalder wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > just tried receiving a fax with mgetty (and notifying me via email with
> > the attached fax)
> > Watching all denials flowing by (permissive mode,
> > selinux-policy-targeted-3.6.32-59.fc12.noarch) I'm wondering whether
> > someone already started preparing a policy or whether I should try to
> > start it on myself? Anyone knows? Google does not find much of value
>
> Can you show us the AVC denials?

Sure, no problem. One thing, as a first step I put new_fax into bin_t,
as this was a suggestion from sealert output.
I do think this probably does not belong to the getty policy, as mgetty,
receiving a fax, does far more than standard getty, imho.

Klaus
 Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inform.,  http://lklaus.homelinux.org/Klaus/
 PGP Key fingerprint: A5C0 F73A 2C83 96EE 766B  9C62 DB6D 1258 0E9B B6D1