policy for mgetty fax receive and new_fax

Klaus Lichtenwalder k.lichtenwalder at computer.org
Tue Dec 29 14:00:49 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, den 29.12.2009, 14:06 +0100 schrieb Dominick Grift:
[...]
> Well there was already policy for getty present but it seems to not be
> sufficient for your configuration (or it may signal misconfiguration on
> your part)

Yes, but mgetty does lots more than getty (which can be used for serial
devices, too). It is always possible I made a mistake configuring
mgetty, but I'm using it for ca 15 years now (starting with some 0.x
release, if I remember correctly), so I'm fairly confident I did not...

The extensions needed for the policy are for the mechanisms after the
successful receipt of a fax, and as this is nothing needed in the
getty-policy I guess mgetty does need its own policy.

> With regard to system_mail_t this is likely due to a bug. (known bug)
> Where the tty device does not get properly labeled. My fix makes it work
> but it is not a good fix ( user tty devices need to get labeled properly)
>
> If you are certain that you are using getty properly then consider
> reporting the AVC denials and my policy for getty_t to
> bugzilla/selinux-policy so that getties policy can be extended to
> support your configuration.

Yes, I forgot to ask in my last mail, I will check and try to
understand, possibly help weed out the (possible) bugs and then go
ahead.

Thanks,
Klaus
 Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inform.,  http://lklaus.homelinux.org/Klaus/
 PGP Key fingerprint: A5C0 F73A 2C83 96EE 766B  9C62 DB6D 1258 0E9B B6D1