AVC:s on xauth file when doing su

Göran Uddeborg goeran at uddeborg.se
Wed Dec 30 16:14:59 UTC 2009

Dominick Grift:
> Well for starters the file is mislabeled:

> The Question is: why did this not happen?

Thanks for your analysis.

I'll try to investigate exactly when this happens.  And if it turns
out to be something policy-related (rather than something that has
gone wrong locally) I'll file a bugzilla.

> Remove the file and see if xauth creates a new one and what the type
> of the newly created file is: ls -alZ /root | grep .xauth

Now it gets a context of xauth_home_t.  (As usual, bugs hide when you
start looking for them!)

> What distro are you using?

Fedora 12.  I recently upgraded the policy to
selinux-policy-3.6.32-63.fc12.

> BTW: It is not encouraged to login as root via ssh (-X)

:-) Between two trusted hosts on a trusted local, wired, network, I'm
not too worried.  (I don't actually log in as root.  I log in as
myself and do su or sudo.  But I guess that part doesn't really make
much difference.)