allow_exec{mem,stack} default to on?

Klaus Lichtenwalder k.lichtenwalder at computer.org
Thu Dec 31 14:30:43 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 31.12.2009, 09:11 -0500 schrieb Daniel J Walsh:
> On 12/30/2009 09:52 AM, Klaus Lichtenwalder wrote:
[...]
> > Interestingly I have another application, for homebanking, that's
> > throwing the famous mmap_zero violation. Which I still don't allow and
> > the application doesn't care... Probably lot's of bugs in their code and
> > code pathes that aren't too important :-)
> >
> Is this a wine application?  Wine seems to throw this error even though it only needs it for very old DOS type apps.

No, it is indeed a native linux binary, but the Windows heredity shows.
It does have some minor issues with windowing though, but otherwise ok.
And I have lots of data in it ...

Klaus
 Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inform.,  http://lklaus.homelinux.org/Klaus/
 PGP Key fingerprint: A5C0 F73A 2C83 96EE 766B  9C62 DB6D 1258 0E9B B6D1