Obtaining MLS policy package for RHEL5?

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:56:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 12:15:07PM -0600, Dyson, Mark L (IS) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For a test machine I was provided a SunFire X2200 (AMD processors) with
> RHEL5 pre-installed.  I wasn't provided the install media.  It currently
> only has the targeted policy package installed.  Is there a source from
> which I can download and install the multi-level security package(s)?

yum install selinux-policy-mls
edit /etc/selinux/config (replace SELINUXTYPE (targeted by mls)
touch /.autorelabel && reboot

You might want to boot with enforcing=0 in kernel boot line so that relabeling can go ahead and that you can log into the system.

you might also want to check this out:

http://oss.tresys.com/projects/clip