The SELinux Documentation Project

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 18:12:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:49:15AM -0600, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Joshua Brindle (method at manicmethod.com):
> > Dominick Grift wrote:

> > >Attached is a concept i wrote today about Locking down webapps with CGI.
> > >This was a topic in the todo list.
> > >
> > >Would be nice if someone could proof-read this and when
> > >modified/accepted publish it.
> >
> > It's a wiki :) Just put it up there and others can make
>
> How are we to create an account to edit a page?  The 'Log in/Create
> Account' page doesn't seem to let me create an account?
>
> I'd like to add the recipe
>
>         useradd xa
> 	semanage user -a -R user_r xa
> 	semanage login -a -s xa xa

You would probably also need:

cd /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/users; cp user_u xa;

To make that work.

Easier would probably be: useradd -Z user_u xa

or

useradd xa
semanage login -m -s user_u -r s0-s0 xa

You should send an e-mail to james morris. He maintains the site and will add a login if you ask him.