General interface question

Moray Henderson Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org
Wed Dec 23 11:40:02 UTC 2009

Dominick Grift wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 04:44:40PM +0000, Moray Henderson wrote:
>> How do you find out what module interfaces are available for you to
>> use in your own policies?
>
>you can also fetch and prep the source rpm for selinux-policy and use
the
>enclosed makefile to run make html, which will generate a html page
with
>all interfaces, and their descriptions and info about how they can be
used.
>an example of the output of make html can be found here:
>http://oss.tresys.com/docs/refpolicy/api/
>
>plus you can also use eclipse-slide which is a slide plugin for selinux
>policy development.
>
>But the most easy way is to just grep -r
/usr/share/selinux/devel/include
>and see the interface file for its contents.

Thanks for your replies - they were helpful.  I'm slowly getting the
hang of how refpolicy fits together.  So far I have only needed to use 8
of the reserved words of SELinux policy language, so I must confess I
find it a bit daunting to discover there are 5,419 available interfaces
spread across 247 files in 5 subdirectories.  I suppose the trick is to
know what you're looking for, so that you can find the one bit you need
without having to understand the whole lot.

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"