Obtaining Source for Fedora SELinux policies

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:05:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 01:14:18AM +0000, Antony Vennard wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This may seem like an obvious question but I'm yet to understand how I
> do it. How do I obtain the sources for the Fedora SELinux policy
> (targetted) used on my system and how do I grab the sources for the
> MLS policy should I want to look at that?

The source for both models is one and the same.
it is in the selinux-policy-{%version}.src.rpm (available on mirrors or koji)

example:
http://ftp.tudelft.nl/download.fedora.redhat.com/linux/updates/12/SRPMS/selinux-policy-3.6.32-59.fc12.src.rpm

I usually extract (cpio) the src rpm and apply the included patch.

I use a simple ugly shell script to fetch / prep the latest selinux-policy sources and if possible create a diff of a previous version:

http://82.197.205.60/~dgrift/cgi-bin/test.cgi?option=projects&param=sepoldiff