Help with squid / squidGuard

Arthur Dent selinux.list at troodos.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 18:42:50 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Still on my mission to clean up any unnecessary local policies I might
have mistakenly created I have now turned my attention to my squid web
proxy.

I have a nightly script which downloads updated blacklists to be fed to
squidGuard. They are held in a variety of directories under
/var/squidGuard/blacklists/ and without my local policy I get avcs when
something tries to access one of these blacklist databases.

The proposed remedy of:
restorecon -v '/var/squidGuard/blacklists/blacklists/porn/domains.db'
made no difference.

When I do a ls -laZ on these directories I get a mizture of:
squid squid system_u:object_r:var_t:s0 and
squid squid unconfined_u:object_r:var_t:s0

Which should it be?
Should I build a chcon statement into the download script?

Audit2why said that the denial was caused by a "Missing type enforcement
(TE) allow rule."

and audit2allow produced this (which is the same as I had in my local
policy):

require {
        type squid_t;
	}

files_rw_var_files(squid_t)

Should I just stick with my local policy, or fix something else?

Thanks

Mark

p.s. Happy to post the whole avc(s) if required...