Policy for Embedded Machine

Spann, John W. john.spann at ngc.com
Wed Feb 18 16:19:53 UTC 2009

All,

I am working with a 2.6.27.14 kernel on an embedded PowerPC 440 board.
Aside from the operating system and some drivers and libraries, there
will be a few custom applications written which I will need to write
policy for.

I am looking for the best policy writing approach for the environment.
Seems like I could take the latest policy distributed with Fedora and
start ripping out stuff or start with nothing and build up. Not having
written much policy yet, I am seeking advice on the best approach.

I also have read about SELinux Policy Editor (SEEdit) and wonder if this
might be a good approach for a new policy writer.

Thoughts...

SpannMan