f10 vs selinux again.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Feb 28 21:09:05 UTC 2009

On Saturday 28 February 2009, Dominick Grift wrote:
>On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 15:32 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >install to

>> >F10 will

>> >touch

>> >hour or

>> >this be

>> >are

>> >ausearch

>> >today's

>> >update?

>> >Sun,

>> >up by

>> >it

>> >and am

>> >says

>> >by

>> >(rpmfusion-free-

>> >needed by

>> >kmod-fglrx-2.6.27.15-170.2.24.fc10.i686-8.573-1.9.1.fc10.1.i686

>> >strigi-

>> >from yum.

>> >No that is fine, thanks. Which version of selinux-policy is currently
>> >installed?
>> >
>> >I picked a few of the denials out of there and both were allowed in the
>> >rawhide policy.
>> >
>> >This leads me to think that either you are running a old version of the
>> >selinux-policy or that the fixes in rawhide policy have not been pushed
>> >to Fedora 10 policy yet.
>>
>> I'll go for the latter as there isn't an update available.
>> [root at coyote Documents]# rpm -qa|grep policy
>> checkpolicy-2.0.16-3.fc10.i386
>> selinux-policy-3.5.13-18.fc10.noarch
>> policycoreutils-2.0.57-11.fc10.i386
>> policycoreutils-gui-2.0.57-11.fc10.i386
>> selinux-policy-targeted-3.5.13-18.fc10.noarch
>>
>> >I either case you can create custom policies to allow these denials.
>> >
>> >A quick (and dirty) way is to "cat avc-denials.txt | audit2allow -M
>> >mydenials; /usr/sbin/semodule -i mydenials.pp
>>
>> And that upchucks.  It generates mydenials.pp, then:
>> [root at coyote Documents]# /usr/sbin/semodule -i mydenials.pp
>> libsepol.link_modules: Tried to link in a non-MLS module with an MLS base.
>> libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed
>> /usr/sbin/semodule:  Failed!
>>
>> Looks like I may be missing something?
>
>Can you give me to output of sestatus?
>
>you could try /usr/sbin/semodule -s targeted -i mydenials.pp

Fails exactly the same.  Does selinux=disabled screw with that?

>You might also consider /usr/sbin/semodule -b base.pp (this should
>replace the base module)

Are you sure I want to do that?

>man semodule
>
>This looks like something that could have gone wrong during the upgrade.

It won't be the first time.  When I went from f6 to f8, lots of stuff was
busted, stuff the guru's said could not happen, but did to me.  One whole
section of the install was skipped & I had to go pull in about 200 packages by
hand.

>It claims that a MLS base module is installed but you have installed
>selinux-policy-targeted

And that is how I'm normally configured.

>you should really c.c. fedora-selinux-list so that knowledgeable people
>like dwalsh can give suggestions as well.

Duh, sorry.  Your reply showed up in the list folder so I didn't hit reply-
all, added now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)